Are you in the market for your first paintball gun or paintball marker? If so, you probably are aware that there is so much out there to choose from! With over 15 years of playing paintball and over 10 years of working at paintball fields and stores here is my "Choosing Your First Paintball Gun Guide".
1. Stick with larger name brands! Do a little research into different paintball guns. As you look around you will notice certain brands really stand out and are much more popular than others. This is typically due to that company being reliable and having a good reputation over the years!
2. Start smart! In the paintball world you can spend as much or as little on your first paintball marker. I don't recommend going with the cheapest Academy paintball gun you can find but you most definitely don't have to spend $1000 on your first setup. Now days, if you are smart on your first choice you can get away with spending anywhere from $90 to $400 on top of the line, long lasting and a high performing paintball gun. The price will really depend on YOU. Do you like the tactical look, do you want full auto or do you play more of the sniper role not shooting very much during the game? This will be up to you and each company makes something to fit your exact needs!
3. Buy With Support! Please be sure that the company you are giving your money to stands behinds their products and has a record of great customer service. All paintball guns will need to be cleaned and maintained and yes occasionally break down but it is all about how the companies handle your situation if it is out of the ordinary. If you aren't sure, just talk to your local paintball pro shops and see who they prefer. The stores deal with these companies on a regular basis and should know who is easy to work with and who isn't.
4. Look Long Term! Some paintball markers will be very basic and very affordable. This isn't always a bad thing but see what kind of upgrades are available for them. If you want to make your tactical paintball gun look very realistic by adding a ton of attachments, be sure that the marker has attachments available for it before buying it. Sometimes when you spend less money you are paying for fewer options down the road.
5. Buy From Companies Who Will Support You! At Pro Edge Paintball we offer a free Lifetime Service Warranty when you buy your paintball gun from us. This includes free cleanings and servicing on your paintball gun if it was purchased from Pro Edge Paintball. This is an unlimited service and cleaning warranty as long as you are the original owner of the paintball gun. If you buy from an online store, they most likely will send you to the maker of the gun if you have problems. This means sending the marker to them for sometimes weeks at a time. If you buy from a local store who has a good track record of supporting their customers, they will most likely handle the issue in house and have you back out playing in only a few days!
I hope this helps you in your buying experience! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to give our store a call!
Saturday 9:30- 6:30
CLOSED SUNDAY & MONDAY